Saturday, December 29, 2007

Top 10 Healthy Thoughts of 2007

Here they are -- the Top Ten Healthy Thoughts of the year. Thanks to all of you who took the time to vote.

10. "Truth doesn't need protection, it needs expression."
Lou Corletto, D.C.

9. "Struggle ends where commitment begins."
Sumner Davenport

8. "The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough."
Professor Randy Pausch
A Dying Professor's Last Lecture.

7. "I hate gettin' old."
"Then quit gettin' old!"

A conversation I overheard at the gym

6. "What you wish to experience, provide for another."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

5. "Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives."
Louise Hay

4. "What humans can be, they must be."
Abraham Maslow

3. "If your spirit is willing, you body will follow."
A triathlete I ran with during the Grand Columbian Triathlon.

2. "You are a being of beauty and perfection!"
My personal favorite

1. "There is only one journey: going inside yourself."
Rainer Maria Rilke

Others receiving votes:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
John "The Penguin" Bingham

"We stand tallest while reaching for our dreams."
Inside a greeting card.

"Your dreams are your real job."
Joyce Spizer

"The future is not someplace we are going to, but one we are creating."
Deborah James

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attracions."
Albert Einstein

Do not worry whether you have strength enough for the journey.
It is on the journey that you will find the strength.


"One regret, dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough."
Hafiz

Additionally, although I didn't ask for a vote on the best link or video of the year, one reader cast a vote for "Best Video." Great idea! I'll keep that in mind for next year. This year's winner, by a margin of a single vote, is Mountain Wingsuit.

No comments: