Friday, November 2, 2007

Follow Your Own Vision

"Be driven by your vision or you'll be taken for a ride in someone else's."
Craig Valentine
1999 World Champion of Public Speaking

Wanna go for a wild ride...?

Last weekend at a Toastmasters conference I had the privilege of hearing a couple of awesome presentations by my friend Craig Valentine, the 1999 World Champion of Public Speaking. Needless to say, Craig is quite an inspiring, entertaining...and visionary...speaker.

(Visit Craig's website at http://www.TheCommunicationFactory.com)

The quote above really clicked with me. I've been pursuing my own vision for several years now. That vision is to facilitate a change in the way people perceive and approach their health and their lives. Rather than only be concerned with solving problems, I teach people to focus on maximizing their own infinite human potential. A key part of this vision is to help people reconnect with the simple and powerful gifts that Nature has given us to remain healthy, and to continue to grow, evolve and thrive.

My vision drives everything I do. And it's a powerful vision! If you have been reading this blog you know that it has--quite unexpectedly--steered me onto the path of endurance training. It's a transformation in my life that I can only describe as breathtaking! Not only is this transformation a great personal triumph; more importantly, it has become a new vehicle to allow me to serve. (See next week's post for some musings on service...) Now I can stand up and say, "I'm living proof. If this is possible for me, just imagine what's possible for you!" This wonderful transformation happened for me only because I stayed true to my vision.

The key message here is: If you want to go on the most exciting ride of your life, follow your own vision!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for using my quote and for showing how clearly it corresponds with your adventure. Congratulations on your commitment to your endurance training. Thank you for sharing your personal triumphs along the way.

Sumner Michaels Davenport
www.selfinvestment.com
www.sumnerdavenport.com